Nothing deep or meaningful today.
I agree though, I too love how much you are writing. The best part to me blogging more is the correspondence you and I have. It made me realise how much of each others lives we end up missing. The best example is your country swap that looks like it is going to happen for you. It is quite possible you told me and that I have simply forgotten. Though, this forgetfulness, then has me going – oh wow, when did this come about? how long will it be for? when will it be for? what will you do there? can I come? ha!
Anyway, I write today just because I am homesick. Here are the reasons why:
- I want to be around people that are easy to be around – no second guessing, no worrying about my inadequacies, no trying.
- Figoli. Yes figoli. My aunty makes the best figoli and for the 2nd year in a row I miss out on it. Making it is quite an amazing process. I have done it once before. It felt so good. The ingredients – particularly the nuts involved would cost a small fortune here.
- The Milbri – a coffee shop. A coffee shop that the husband and I would go to on a Friday before work. A coffee shop where I would meet other mates before work. A coffee shop, open on a Sunday afternoon. A coffee shop where a good coffee was guaranteed.
- Freaky Tiki – a coffee shop. Ha! I miss the before school morning dates I would have with the big kid.
- The Water – The beach. I don’t think that needs explaining.
- The Water – turning a tap on and drinking or turning a tap on and getting hot water.
The majority of this reasons are first world problems (man alive I hate that phrase). I am ok with that.
Anyway, homesickness comes and goes. Where is home? Hmmm
I love this song: Home It is true. It is wherever my fam is.
Peace out Joan.